Saturday, June 11, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1

I am a junior Business major. I plan to pursue my Masters in Accounting or MBA after I complete my BSBA. I am married, and my husband and I hope to have a baby in the next year. If I were to start this business, I would likely be very uninvolved in it’s development and maintenance, as my time and attention are committed to my education and my family. This would require significant capital, as I would have to hire people to manage all aspects of the business. 

I would like to offer private rooms for rent by the hour in airport terminals. These rooms would be a quiet, private, comfortable and secure where people can sleep, do work, talk on the telephone, to make more effective and efficient use of their time spent in airports.

I am offering this to travelers in Orlando International Airport. This product can be used by people who arrive very early for their flights due to airline and federal requirements. This can also be used to people who have long layovers, or are experiencing flight delays. This traveler is likely not responsible for anyone else such as small children or the elderly, as the rooms will be too small to accommodate more than one person. This person will most likely be used by travelers who are on their own, as when people travel with others, they seem to enjoy spending time with their companions. However, there are some times when people traveling with others might need privacy from their companions, so they could benefit from our product. People traveling for business can certainly take advantage of this, whether they are alone or with others, as they are less likely to value quality time with their traveling companions. This product is for adults, is not suitable for children without adult supervision. 

These travelers will find value in my product, as they are losing time at their destinations due to the time inefficiently spent in airports as a result of the uncomfortable, noisy, and public conditions.

In my experience, I have found that I am more disciplined, focused and organized than other people. I hold myself to very high standards, and I tend to look at things from angles others do not see. I place strong value in honesty and dependability that has set me apart from my peers. 


I believe these elements fit together, in that travelers in Orlando International Airport could certainly find value in this product, and benefit from using it. The only element that does not fit with this concept is me, as my priorities and commitments do not lie in making this product a reality. 

3 comments:

  1. I would also have to take into consideration my daily life if I were to start my business. I think this would be a great thing to implement and would be successful in large airports like Orlando. If it was successful in the Orlando airport you could look into expanding it to other airports across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the idea of finding a nice quiet place temporarily while waiting for your flight. Delays and layovers can be unpredictable. Like Harrison stated, I like the idea of starting out at one airport, and if it is successful then you can expand. If you couldn't put in the time yourself to get this project started, then yes that is a big limitation unless you had the means to hire a team. Perhaps sell the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised that you included how the actual implementation of your idea would fit into your life in the real world. I didn't really think about the impact that my idea would have if I were to implement it, and I think it's an interesting thing to think about, even though all of this, for the most part at least, is purely hypothetical.

    ReplyDelete