I interviewed three people about their alternative evaluation, purchase decision and post purchase evaluation process as they relate to time spent in airports.
When people are waiting for their flight, they are likely to evaluate alternatives based on proximity to gate and comfort. For layovers however, depending on the time they have to spend in the airport, security and privacy become more of a concern. At night people search more for somewhere quiet, private and comfortable with an aim of resting or getting work done.
If traveling for business, most people would have this expense covered by their business, so the amount of money they have to spend is determined by their company, but they are free to spend it as they choose. If someone knows they have a long layover planned, they may seek the information in advance, but when waiting for an initial flight, most customers will make their purchase decision on the spot.
When considering past decisions, people have felt satisfied when they feel their experience was comfortable and convenient.
Hey! I think you did a great job in listing exactly what you were trying to find out, and answering all of the questions in the assignment. I think one way you could improve this would be to compare and contrast your findings from each interview to each other and the different scenarios each person was involved in to help you separate the consumers into different categories.
ReplyDeleteAmira,
ReplyDeleteYou've done a great job identifying what you are looking for as Mary said above. I really like the fact that you've been able to discover the ideas of the different people traveling. The fact that you have identified how business travelers make their decisions to other travelers is very cool. I think you did a great job with your evaluation.
I do think that people traveling for business purposes will be more likely to utilize these quiet rooms. You should also take into consideration the airlines that provide hotel/motel rooms of a flight is cancelled. I do think frequent flyers would be receptive to this concept.
ReplyDeleteAmira,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. Many people want to use that time to be productive and some people want to rest, but it is hard sometimes. It happens to me that I need to finish some work while I am traveling but I usually cannot find a place where I can do that comfortably!
Amira, I have enjoyed watching you grow your idea from all this information. As a frequent flier, I agree with the people you interviewed. Safety/security and convenience to gate location would be my personal priorities when evaluating this type of service. Good job!
ReplyDeleteYou've done a phenomenal job with developing your idea and working out all of the smaller details. Great job considering business travelers and how they would be in relation to your concept. Even though business travelers have expenses paid for by their company, unexpected delays or cancellations can happen and leave travelers to think quick and your idea enables a convenient alternative to booking a hotel or something similar.
ReplyDeleteI like how each iteration of getting feedback on your idea you go more in depth with different scenarios that your customer faces. I agree with you that customers feel that they have made a good purchase when their experience was comfortable and convenient (with an emphasis on convenient). Looking forward to more content from you and the next step in your idea evolving.
ReplyDeleteAmira, you've done a good job in thinking like the consumer would in the situation, which allowed you to identify what you were looking for, as others mentioned above. You translated this well into the interviews, getting the answers that provide the right insight you need for your goals. Good job with the interviews, I know they're not easy (at least in my experience so far.) keep up the great work.
ReplyDeleteHello Amira!
ReplyDeleteI definitely like your idea. I have the same problem when I am flying. I like how through you are with the solution. You are looking for all of the alternatives and once you find them out, it will allow you come up with strategies to engage customers. I think you did a great job so far.
http://nehalava.blogspot.com/