Monday, August 1, 2016

Final Reflection



The most formative experiences for me was recording the interviews. I did not have as much discomfort talking to people about my idea, but when I asked for it to be recorded, this made me very uncomfortable. Once I did the first few, I was very proud that I had overcome that discomfort, and expanded my comfort zone. That’s not something you do every day!

I certainly think the exercises in this class moved me closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset. I do understand the idea that we were not simply learning about entrepreneurship but doing the act itself, which I think it a very valuable approach. 

I would recommend starting your few interviews with someone you know to get through some of the butterflies. The assignments are designed such that you can usually arrange to have people you know fit into the first assignment for interviews, then once you come up with your long term idea, you will be more comfortable to venture outward away from your existing circle.


To foster the mindset I would recommend not to focus too much on the quality of the ideas, but rather the authenticity of whether you are doing the assignment. Even if you are not going to be the next Shark Tank hit, going through the process with a so-so idea can help put you in the right mindset that will lead you to inventing sliced bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment