Why? Traditionally Apple computers have not been used in business / financial environments that use number pads, and there are supplemental number pads, or wired keyboards with number pads.
The cash wrap service in Express and Victoria’s Secret stores is consistently slow, and frequently backed up with long lines.
Why? Their security tags take a long time to remove, and their promotions create frequently purchases of several items.
Customer Support for DirecTV is consistently time consuming and inefficient.
Why? Inefficient and ineffective structure, procedures and/or training for customer service.
I don’t keep in touch with my grandmother as much as I would like to.
Why? We communicate differently. She is not accustomed to communicating the way I keep in touch with many people in my life (social events, social media, text messaging, emailing), and I am not accustomed to communicating the way she keeps in touch with people (individual visits, long telephone chats).
Sleeping in airports.
Why? There are no comfortable places to get a sound sleep for a few hours, the option of renting a hotel room for a whole day is not always affordable or time effective to only sleep for a few hours, although the few hours of sleep may be vital and valuable in your plans.
Driving a car with an infant as the only passenger.
Why? This can be a huge distraction. When someone else is driving, the primary caregiver can focus attention on baby, and the driver can focus on the road. It can be dangerous to divert attention from either at the wrong moment!
It is hot when I get in my car in the summer if it has been parked in the sun.
Why? Leaving my windows cracked can be a safety hazard, let bugs in, and be a risk of getting the car wet in Florida summers with frequent afternoon thunderstorms.
Why? Leaving my windows cracked can be a safety hazard, let bugs in, and be a risk of getting the car wet in Florida summers with frequent afternoon thunderstorms.
I am frequently late because I have to stop for gas.
Why? I forgot I was low on gas until I got in the car to go somewhere.
Restaurants with good food are not suitable for kids, and vice versa.
Why? Restaurants that cater to children do not focus on the quality of their food, and restaurants with high quality food do not cater to children.
Shopping in the mall can be a challenge when my hands are occupied with bags.
Why? Carrying bags is how to get your purchases home with you.
Turning left without a light.
Why? It is a judgment call whether there is enough distance between yourself and the oncoming traffic to make the turn. Some people make are more conservative or risky than others in making this determination.
Business lunches.
Why? It can be a challenge to carry on a professional conversation while eating. It can be a challenge to eat healthy in “nice” restaurants. Energy and productivity after business lunches are frequently lowered.
If a woman is trying to get pregnant, the time between a positive ovulation test and the time when she can test for pregnancy can be very stressful.
Why? At home pregnancy tests cannot detect if a fertilized egg has embedded in the uterus until some time after conception.
Comforter storage.
Why? Containers large enough to store comforters are generally not attractive or do not preserve the quality of the comforter, as they need to be stored tightly, and become wrinkled.
The water in my shower takes almost 4 minutes to get hot.
Why? The distance from the water heater to the shower is too great for the water to heat at a faster rate.
Sharing group or event photos.
Why? People in group photos and at events have different levels of commitment and ability to share photos.
We are not allowed to put trash bags in recycle bin.
Why? Trash bags are not recyclable.
No opportunities for slow dancing in Orlando, except at weddings.
Why? There is no slow dancing in nightclubs, there is no dancing in restaurants.
If I have been drinking, and decide to get a taxi or an Uber home, my car is left to be picked up later, which either costs another fare or more time in the future.
Why? There is no one to take home my car simultaneous to my trip home.
The first time I visit a doctor, I have to commit to pay for the service before I know if the service is efficient, effective or to my liking.
Why? The only way to find out these things is to schedule a health care service.
I had some challenges developing this list.
One challenge was that for most of the “bugs” that came to mind, solutions for these bugs existed. I continued to remind myself that was not a reason it could not be included in the list.
Another challenge I had was in taking note of they “why?”, I had to shift my focus from why it “bugs” me to why it exists. I found this new perspective interesting.
I found the exercise had a degree of difficulty due to these challenges. However, I can certainly see how considering points from this perspective can be valuable to identifying opportunities and adapting and evolving accordingly, individually and collectively.
Your bug list was very comprehensive and I enjoyed reading it! For every single bug that you listed, you explained exactly why the problem exists, and I feel like that is a great first step to find opportunities and solutions. I can definitely relate to the amount of time it takes for the water to get hot because my shower can sometimes take 6min to just warm up. Even though you said that you found some difficulty in compiling this list, your end result shows that you can think like an entrepreneur!
ReplyDeleteHey Amira! I can completely relate with being late because you have to stop for gas. I cannot tell you how many times i have barely made it to class on time because when I went to start my scooter the gas gage was at empty. I also can really relate to turning left without a light; one of my bugs was when people do not use turn signals. I really enjoyed reading your bug list!
ReplyDelete